Thursday, January 24, 2008

How long does it take lung cancer to form


How long does it take lung cancer to form?
My 37 year old sister has two masses of incurable cancer on each lung. It is inoperable. I am just curious. How long did she have it. 1 year, 2 years? I just wonder how long she was walking around with cancer not even knowing it. Thank for any help. She is to young to die.
Cancer - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I believe 5-10 years would be a reasonable guess.
2 :
This is really impossible to know without knowing more about your sister's individual condition. There are several types of lung cancer, and some are faster than others - small cell carcinoma can develop quite quickly. I'm sorry about your sister's diagnosis. Has transplantation been considered?
3 :
lung cancer has an 11% surival rate, so she most likely will die. Sorry
4 :
Its hard to say.I can start out microscopic and by the time it is detected,usually years have passed.



Read more discussions :