Thursday, February 28, 2008

My grandfather died of lung cancer because of smoking, what is the probability of get me one cancer


My grandfather died of lung cancer because of smoking, what is the probability of get me one cancer?
My Grandfather was a regular smoker, he died some two year back because of lung cancer. I also smoke I want to know that if i havea hing probability to have cancer like that.
Cancer - 7 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
yup, with a family history of lung cancer, your risks are four times greater. Suggest you quit smoking, unless of course you don't care about dieing from lung cancer.
2 :
you're putting toxic in your body PURPOSELY y? your lung hate it that's why it's getting badder and badder the more you smoke
3 :
I wouldn't worry too much medical stuff is coming on leaps and bounds, conditions can be treated now that were a death sentence only a few years ago
4 :
The probability is high unless you stop smoking now.I know its hard to do but if you set your mine to it ,you can do it.I smoke for 43 years and stop a year and half ago.If i can stop anyone can.
5 :
So long as you are smoking, you are at high risk. You are exposing yourself to high levels of toxins. Cancer often results because of high toxicity. The earlier you stop smoking, the better it will be for you. Read more about lung cancer here http://www.healthandwellnesscentral.com/Article/Early-Detection-For-Lung-Cancer/10989
6 :
Anybody who smokes has a higher risk for lung cancer, regardless of family history, but with your family history smoking will very much increase your risk. Smoking increases your risk for lung cancer by about 23 times.
7 :
Your risk is increased with your grandfather dying of cancer and with you smoking. I would urge you to quit. I know it is hard. Check into Chantix. It worked for me.



Read more discussions :