Friday, February 12, 2010

What are the odds of passing away from lung cancer


What are the odds of passing away from lung cancer?
My dad has lung cancer and I am just concerned, any additional info. helps to.
Cancer - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I think it has a roughly 16% 5 year survival rate. That means that 16% of people diagnosed with lung cancer will still be alive after 5 years. I really hope your father is one of them.
2 :
It depends on which stage he is at. We just buried my Uncle who had Stage 4 Lung Cancer that spread to his kidneys. He quit smoking 10 years ago, woke up with a cough, couldn't catch his breath, and that was it. They gave him 3 months and they were right on the money. The best person to ask is your father's doctor.
3 :
My sister-in-law had it about 3 years ago. they did surgery and thank God she is still with us. Just keep praying. That's what we all did. Hope things work out for him. Just stay strong and keep a good attitude as hard as that will be. He needs to be around good attitudes... I will say a prayer for him..



 Read more discussions :