Friday, May 28, 2010

Can dog hair cause lung cancer or any other kind of cancer


Can dog hair cause lung cancer or any other kind of cancer?
Hey does anyone know if dog hair can cause lung cancer or any other kind of sickeness and if yes is their any proof? Some one told me a cancer doctor said so but I don't beleive that. If it were true many Americans wouldn't live or even sleep with their dogs.
Cancer - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
No. Smoking /alcohol abuse is the leading cause of cancer.
2 :
If anything, dog dander not hair would cause allergic reactions. Sometimes they can be very severe to those who are very sensitive to dog hair. They will cough and cough, eyes will cry and swell, runny nose. Those are people with very sensitive allergies and the best treatment is to take the dog away. Right away. I've never heard of a dog causing lung cancer or any cancer. Dogs, in fact can get the same cancers that humans do though. I don't beleive anyone who said that and Oncologist told her that story. I've worked with all kinds of doctors during my 30+ yrs of nursing and never once did I hear of this and no Oncologist ever told me that either. It's a new one on me. Sorry. You're safe. Blessings
3 :
No scientific documented evidence or data exists linking dog hair to lung cancer in human beings.
4 :
check your house for radon!




Read more discussions :