Thursday, April 8, 2010

Does anyone know anything about squamous cell lung cancer


Does anyone know anything about squamous cell lung cancer?
I was diagnosed with lung cancer about 2 weeks ago. I haven't had a scan yet to determine the stage or whether it has spread. Upon meeting the oncologist that I have to see, she's recommending chemo. Could this mean that I have advanced cancer? I am 27 years old and have a son and has never smoked or anything. I do have a history of benign respiratory papillomas and this may be the cause of my cancer.
Cancer - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
There is no way to tell if you have advanced lung cancer until you have further scans. You will likely have a Pet/Ct Scan, bone scan, brain scan and possibly a MRI. If the cancer is localized in one lung, surgery may be possible. If it has spread, then chemo will be your option.
2 :
i dont no how to answer your question but i wish you all the luck with your treatment and i hope you have good results in the end my uncle has been told he has it and there's nothing they cn do goodluck x



 Read more discussions :