Thursday, June 16, 2011

Could my mom get chemo or radiation therapy for small cell lung cancer with other Health conditions


Could my mom get chemo or radiation therapy for small cell lung cancer with other Health conditions?
My mom has small cell lung cancer recently diagnosed this past monday.She has osteporisis,heart stint,biopolar dissorder,arthritis,thryroid disease and a respitory disease.I am concerned that the oncologist will even beable to offer chemo or radiation on top of all her conditions she has.I need opinions from people that are familier with this..I need support through this hard time..Thank you..
Cancer - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I am going through much of the same. My mom was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer about 2 1/2 months ago. By the time of the diagnosis, she had already lost quite abit of weight. She's also 83 yrs old, and has had 2 heart surgeries. The Dr's told us right away that chemo was not an option. They believed she was too frail to survive the treatments. She was given a diagnosis of 2-3 months. Right now she is in a hospice house, and doing o.k. Good days & bad days. This is a very tough thing to go through. For both your mom and you. The Dr's will look at her overall health, her age, and stage of the cancer, and decide what (if any) treatments are needed. My mom is 83, and has lived a full life. She says she's ready to go. In her case chemo might have prolonged her life by afew months, but is it worth it? These are questions only your mother can answer. Take care




Read more discussions :