Friday, June 20, 2008

Is chemotheraphy effective on curing lung cancer? Does people actually survive with this type of sickness


Is chemotheraphy effective on curing lung cancer? Does people actually survive with this type of sickness?
I have a relative who has a lung cancer but she doesn't even smoke. I have a relative who has a stage 4 lung cancer but she doesn't even smoke.
Cancer - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Treatment options and effectiveness depend on the stage/type of cancer and the condition of the patient being treated. My mom has just been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. She smoked lightly for a few years in young adulthood, but quit 38 years ago. It's spread to some lymph nodes, bones, and liver. She is going to a cutting edge treatment center. We were told that stage 4 lung cancer is NOT curable, but is treatable in that treatment can give people some extra months or years and make that time better quality. Earlier stages are possibly curable, but it is rare to catch lung cancer in an early stage. Lung cancer has very low 5 year survival statistics.
2 :
I don't know all that much, but as my Grandma has been diagnosed with lung cancer a few days ago, I'll try to share as much info as I have. It really differs from person to person. Chemotherapy may work on some, and may not on others. It depends on how your body responds to the medicine. The survival rate for lung cancer is very low.. but that doesn't mean there aren't survivors. Keep your faith and cherish every moment you spend with your relative. My Grandma started chemotherapy today, and it's been tough. It's not an easy thing to go through and the most important thing is to be there for your relative whenever they need you. I am so sorry you have to go through this, and if you ever need to talk feel free to e-mail me.




Read more discussions :