Monday, July 12, 2010

What are the symptoms of non-smoker lung cancer


What are the symptoms of non-smoker lung cancer?
I do alot of heavy coughing and sometimes I have some pressure on my chest, I am an obese 52 year old woman with high-blood pressure so I'm not even sure if what I'm feeling is just part of that or second-hand smoke which I'm around every day plus I have alot of family history in Cancer & my brother died 5 yrs ago from lung cancer plus throughout his entire body.
Cancer - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Obesity wont help. Stop guessing and driving yourself crazy, start with a good pulmonologist and take it from there.
2 :
Signs and Symptoms People often decide to visit the doctor only after they have been bothered by certain complaints over a period of time. Individuals who have lung cancer frequently experience symptoms such as: * Cough * Shortness of breath * Wheezing * Chest pain * Hemoptysis (bloody, coughed-up sputum) * Loss of appetite * Weight loss * Pneumonia (inflammation of the lungs) Other symptoms that are associated with lung cancer include: * Weakness * Chills * Swallowing difficulties * Speech difficulties or changes (e.g., hoarseness) * Finger/nail abnormalities (e.g., "clubbing," or overgrowth of the fingertip tissue) * Skin paleness or bluish discoloration * Muscle contractions or atrophy (shrinkage) * Joint pain or swelling * Facial swelling or paralysis * Eyelid drooping * Bone pain/tenderness * Breast development in men
3 :
Get a chest exray. My mother had a persistant cough for months and was diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer.




 Read more discussions :