Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Birthday Gift Giving Etiquette for my close friend who just lost her mother to lung cancer


Birthday Gift Giving Etiquette for my close friend who just lost her mother to lung cancer?
3 weeks ago my good friend's mother died of lung cancer. My friend's birthday is in a couple of weeks. I am sure everyone has seen the personalized photo stamps. Well, I wanted to design an "in memory of" stamp with my friends mother's photo on the stamp. What is everyone's thoughts? Too soon to do? Personally I "think" I would have thought it was really thoughtful and nice thing to do. I would proudly use the stamps with my mother's photo, whom I did lose when I was 26!
Etiquette - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Well, I think its a nice idea, and everyone heals in there own time. So wether or not your friend uses them yet, or is ready for something like that, Im sure your friend will like it either way. It may bring tears, but eventually your friend will be ready to accept this and move on and your special gift will always bring him/her good memories.
2 :
I think that's precious. Go for it.
3 :
please refrain in respect for her mother. Generally grieving is for one year. I would also think she would not feel like celebrating her birthday. Why not just take her to lunch in lieu of a bcard.
4 :
That is a lovely idea, although I'm not sure that her birthday is the correct occasion to give it to her. Shortly after the funeral might have been better so she could use them for the Thank You cards. Of course, the more I think about it she might want to use them more for personal use. I guess you know her better than I do. When I lost my sister it was very hard for me to look at a photo of her without falling apart for over a year. I can see that might be a problem for your friend as well. If you give these to her do it as delicately and respectfully as possible. It's kind of a risky gift, but if you give it to her with lots of love and friendship then I'm sure she'll take it in the spirit in which it's intended. Best Wishes. :)



 Read more discussions :