Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Lung Cancer


Lung Cancer?
My grandmother had a biopsy done on her lung about 2 weeks ago and it came back negative, however when they performed a PET scan on her Tuesday, they said it was active.....Active tumor? Active Cancer? Anyone have an idea???
Cancer - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I don't know but I don't think it means cancer but that they found something... they will have to check the scan...probably your grandma knows what it means as she has the right to ask and they have to tell her....xxx from what I understand when I read the below description of a Pet scan if something is active it means there is a likelihood that some cancer exists... but I am sure all will be done for your grandma that is possible...xxx http://www.cancerhelp.org.uk/help/default.asp?page=152
2 :
PET scan is a functional scan in which a labelled glucose molecule is given, this on uptake gives the functional picture. But here I feel they mean active tumor.Other lesion may be present which give false positive in few cases, but repeat biopsy would be advisable.



Read more discussions :