Tuesday, April 12, 2011

How can i make a model of lung cancer spreading? its for school but i dont how to model something like that


How can i make a model of lung cancer spreading? its for school but i dont how to model something like that .?
i have to model the event of lung cancer spreading, i have a thick piece of styrafoam to cut out lung shapes but google didnt help me figure what to make it look like or anything. please help, its due in 2 days.
Cancer - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
u cood , like use cotton balls and then put food die on it. as the cotton absorbs the food die , it could represent the cancer spreading
2 :
Start with an image like this http://z.about.com/f/p/440/graphics/images/en/18013.jpg and draw arrows to the brain, liver, adrenal glands, and bones (perhaps the ribs,spine, pelvis, humerus and femur - that's where I've seen lung cancers spread most often to bone.) I don't know what grade you are in or how much anatomy you know. I think I would do this on poster board rather than styrofoam unless you want to cut out organ shapes and glue them to poster board. A drawing/painting would be easier. Good Luck! Added note Here's another image more like what I'm suggesting. http://www.uptodate.com/patients/content/images/onco_pix/Lung_CA_IV.jpg I forgot to mention lymph nodes which are also sites for metastatic disease - usually in the mediastinum or the supraclaviclur areas. Wish I was there to help you. You may need to brush up on anatomy to know what I'm talking about. But this picture should help you.



 Read more discussions :