Friday, April 8, 2011

how effective IRESSA for spreaded lung cancer after chemo


how effective IRESSA for spreaded lung cancer after chemo?
Shortly after chemo , my aunt's lung cancer spreaded to other part of her body, she is really weak and can't even sit up. Do you think take IRESSA can help her? I know IRESSA is a prescription drug,but my aunt is in china it is hard to get IRESSA there, I am in States how can I get some IRESSA for her? Thank you very much!
Cancer - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Hi, I am kind of a scientist. The best is to go to the internet page where one can find the clinical trials that have been done regarding this type of cancer. Here I send you the link: http://www.cancer.gov/Templates/doc.aspx?viewid=7C5CCBC9-ADAD-4683-8448-E705FB912971&ReqUrl=%2Fclinicaltrials%2Fsearch There you can search according the type. Then you can talk with people that conduct the trial if is possible to include your aunt there. Iressa in from Astra Zeneca, I have read that is very effectively used in Asia, and that genetic factors are important to predict its benefit. Can you phone to Astra Zeneca in your country and tell them about the situation?.Besides, I suggest you to consult as many doctors as you can to find the available drug that will have more chances to help her. I sincerely hope that you can find a solution in time.
2 :
In some folks, Iressa, or gefitinib, can be a good drug for the treatment of metastatic lung cancer. Asians, women, and non-smokers, and adenocarcinoma with bronchioalveolar features in their cancers are the ones who will respond to it. In the U.S., Iressa is not approved for lung cancer patients unless you have already been on it or are getting it through a clinical trial. The one way you might be able to get it, would be to contact Astra Zeneca. Pharmaceutical companies usually have avenues to allow people to obtain drugs cheaply if they meet certain criteria.



Read more discussions :